Revealing our Mutual Humanity – Online course in Mindfulness Enquiry Skills for Teachers of Mindfulness
This is an opportunity to nurture your inquiry skills and find your own natural inquirer’s voice. We will spend time considering how to inquire in such a way that awareness, acceptance and understanding of our human condition spring from our mindful conversations with course participants.
We will balance our time between inner exploration, and practice in peer groups. We will consider how we are with ‘trusting emergence’, being with the unknown and witnessing suffering in another, while simultaneously finding ways to stay at home in the body, releasing the impulse to fix. We will delve further into the Triangle of Awareness and 3 Circle Model (which some will have encountered before), but we will also let go of the models in order to find our own fluency and intuitive style.
A lot of time will be devoted to online peer inquiry practice sessions in groups of three. Past participants have repeatedly commented on how they find these exceptionally insightful and helpful for their confidence.
We will also look at practical tips for inquiry such as exploring how to formulate questions, use of paraphrasing, pausing and gaining permission from the inquiree.
This course will be composed of:
- 4 bi-weekly online meetings as a group facilitated by Fay Adams (75 minutes each)
- Short video contemplations (20-30 mins) on embodiment of the following as an enquirer: Deep Listening, Not Knowing, Appreciation of Essential Goodness, Authenticity, Compassionate Mess Together
- 4 peer meetings online in groups of three (1 hour each)
- A short written piece to be submitted (1 page)
- Weekly reflection questions and journaling
A certificate of completion will be given at the end of the course. This course counts as Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Course Leader: Fay Adams
Dates: The course sessions run online on Monday 10th October, Monday 24th October, Monday 7th November and Mon 21st November 2022
Time: 19.00pm till 20.15pm
To Book: email firstname.lastname@example.org