Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC)
The Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) is a weekly mindfulness course based on the Mindfulness Association’s Level 1 Mindfulness Training. It is an eight-week course consisting of eight classes, which are typically two hours long, preceded by an introductory class before the eight week course begins and concluded by follow up class after the eight week course ends. A day of mindfulness practice is also typically included between weeks 6 and 7.
The weekly themes are:
- Introductory Session – What is Mindfulness and Why Practice It?
- Week 1 – Start Where We Are
- Week 2 – The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week 3 – Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week 4 – Working with Distraction
- Week 5 – Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week 6 – Attitude of the Observer•Day of Practice
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance
- Week 8 – A Mindfulness Based Life
- Follow Up – The Rest of Your Life
We provide a comprehensive teacher training pathway for those who wish to train to deliver the MBLC.
The MBLC is recognised as an eight week course in the UK Good Practice Guidelines and those trained to teach it are eligible to join the UK Listing of Mindfulness Teachers.
Find an MBLC Teacher on the UK Listing
Click here and then choose MBLC from the options after ‘Show me a teacher who can teach’.