- This course covers our Mindfulness Levels 1 to 3 courses supplemented with an academic exploration of the mindfulness literature and evidence-base and how mindfulness practice is applicable to your professional context.
- It covers training in research methodology as well as preparation for undertaking a research project or dissertation in the third year
- It also offers a teacher training pathway in accordance with the UK Network for Mindfulness Teachers.
- This course is unique in that it welcomes applicants from all professions including: physical and mental health, social care and wellbeing; education and learning; business and workplace; and public service sectors such as government and criminal justice.
- It is suitable for beginners as well as those who have previous experience of mindfulness and who want to develop their mindfulness practice within their work context.
- The course is delivered over residential weekends at Samye Ling Tibetan Centre in South West Scotland with a year-end residential retreat at the Holy Isle retreat centre off Arran in Western Scotland.
MSc Studies in Mindfulness/ Dr. Graeme Nixon- The University of Aberdeen
Watch this video on YouTube.
The course is modular can be exited after each year:
- Year 1 – Mindfulness and Compassion – exit with Post Graduate Certificate;
- Year 2 – Insight and Professional Inquiry (research methodology) – exit with Post Graduate Diploma; and
- Year 3 – Work Based Research Project or Dissertation – exit with Master of Science.
Completing Year 1 and 2 of the course qualifies you for:
- MBLC Retreat – after which you will have trained to teach mindfulness and will be eligible to register on the UK Listing of Mindfulness teachers; and
- CBLC Retreat – after which you will have trained to teach compassion.