Mindfulness Based Healthy Living
8 Week Mindfulness Based Healthy Living Course Online
Do you want to change your lifestyle to a healthier way of living?
This new online 8 week course is being piloted again this January. Its aim is to create the causes and conditions in your life for our health to flourish through positive changes in habits of eating and movement. Our aim is to support each other with kindness and care to move to a more healthy lifestyle through insights from practices taken from the Mindfulness Association’s mindfulness, compassion & insight trainings. This is combined with an exploration of evidence-based information about beneficial nutrition and exercise approaches. We will share lots of free and evidence-based resources and you can then choose your own combinations of approaches to explore throughout the course.
There is an introductory course fee of £100, on the basis that we will ask you to fill out an anonymous pre and post course questionnaire, and 6 month follow up questionnaire on body weight, shape and fitness changes. Places are limited to 23 participants.
The course will take place on Tuesday evenings 7-8.45pm, starting on Tuesday11th January with our final session on Tuesday 1st March 2022.
The course will be led by Heather Regan-Addis experienced mindfulness tutor and evidence-based lifestyle follower and Ki (Michaela) James experienced dietitian with 30 years experience of clinical work in the NHS.
Weekly themes include:
- Getting started – intention, motivation and exploring different approaches
- It’s not our fault, but we can be proactive – a compassion based approach
- Eating with awareness – a mindfulness based approach
- Nutrition overview – some evidence-based approaches to healthy eating
- Moving with awareness of subliminal reflexes – an insight based approach
- Slips, binges & projection of desire – insight into self-sabotage
- Cultivating curiosity & courage to change – facing the challenges of transformation
- A healthy lifestyle for me – support moving forward.